Stack Overflow SRE with Mark Henderson
Episode #1 | Published August 22, 2018
Mark Henderson joins us from the Stack Overflow SRE team.
Mark Henderson joins us from the Stack Overflow SRE team to discuss a bit about the SRE team, what Stack Overflow's SREs are responsible, and how Stack Overflow uses Elastic.
The SRE team ingests between 600-800GB per day to their logging cluster and uses that data for triage and troubleshooting.
Stack Overflow manages their instances using puppet and have an automated patching system used for automated system patching.
You can find Mark Henderson on Twitter at @thefarseeker.
- Elastic Lancaster Meetup - Aug 22, 2018
- Elastic Seattle Meetup - Aug 23, 2018
- Elastic Sao Paolo Meeetup - Aug 24, 2018
- Sacremento Web and Mobile Developers Meetup - Aug 24, 2018
- Docker Raleigh Meetup - Aug 27, 2018
- ITNEXT - Aug 28, 2018
- Elastic Los Angeles User Group - Aug 29, 2018
- San Fransisco Data Engineering - Aug 29, 2018
Question of the Week
Why does Elastic recommend not spanning multiple datacenters within a single Elasticsearch cluster?
Being a distributed system, Elasticsearch needs reliable, low-latency connections between nodes within a cluster. Leaving the datacenter tends to hurt both of the options.
You can read more here.